Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just finished a bowl of Amber’s Spicy Tarragon Sweet Potato, Peach, and Red Lentil Stew with Crumbled Roquefort

Yep.  For dinner in my new apartment (I moved in three days ago), I finally got around to cooking one of my cocina che cazzo recipes: <a href="http://wtfcuisine.blogspot.com/2013/09/ambers-spicy-tarragon-sweet-potato.html">Amber’s Spicy Tarragon Sweet Potato, Peach, and Red Lentil Stew with Crumbled Roquefort</a>.

There were a few substitutions (inferior blue cheese, real sour cream), mistakes (forgot to add the balsamic until halfway through the final cooking stage), and unexpected choices I had to make (which peach and sweet potato to buy?  I bought yellow peaches and Japanese sweet potato), but I did it!  I cooked my first WTF cuisine recipe in years!

My housemate and I rather liked it.  He said it's hard to get his approval for cooking and that I had gotten it for this dish, so that's a good sign!  It was sweet, but not like candy.  In fact, although it was a hearty dish, the sweetness gave it a lightness that could make it a surprisingly deeply-flavored summer dish (in my opinion).  And the combination of sweet and spicy worked incredibly well, not like anything I've encountered.  Which is a perfect What the Fuck? flavor profile!

My roommates suggested adding some citrus, either lemon juice or orange zest at the end (like with the cinnamon and tarragon).  I think I agree, but I'm not certain how much . . . .  Any thoughts?

This dish has been officially approved by my tongue for presentation to other people on a gift economy!  I think a good range would be like $3-11 per serving -- the six servings in the base recipe would thus make it $18-66 range, NOTAFLOF GAYAABAGS[1].  One highly welcomed method of fulfilling the GAYAABAGS spell would be to write a review of the dish for this blog.  *wink wink*  Anyone want me to cook them a meal this month?  ;-)





------------
[1]   No One Turned Away For Lack Of Funds Give As You Are Able But Always Give Something

No comments:

Post a Comment